Director, Business Affairs and Legal CounselApply NowApply Later Job ID 792258BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
- Draft and negotiate production agreements, including writers, voice talent, independent contractors, production services agreements, vendor agreements, carve-out agreements, NDAs, etc., and advise on legal issues relating to production
- Supervise and assist with clearance / licensing
- Manage copyright / trademark analysis
- Manage guild / union issues
- Familiarity with employment law issues
- Manage and assist with negotiating and drafting technology agreements
- Communicate directly with producers, directors, development executives, department heads, and internal employees
- Assist in preparation and presentation of internal training / educational presentations to studio management and employees
- Negotiate and analyze business and legal issues and draft agreements relating to studio recruitment, outreach, talent development and operations
- Negotiate and draft agreements on behalf of, and provide legal advice to, the Creative Legacy group
- Negotiate and analyze business and legal issues on behalf of the Animation Research Library
- Negotiate and draft agreements on behalf of the Animation Research Library (including museum exhibition agreements, artwork loan agreements, publishing agreements, etc.)
- 3 - 5 years legal experience
- Membership in the California State Bar Association (or willingness and qualification to be registered In-House Counsel) required
- Prior experience negotiating and documenting film production agreements or television/streaming production agreements required
- Prior experience in intellectual property matters strongly preferred
- Prior animation experience preferred
- Must possess an ability to work independently and within a team-oriented environment, and have a commitment to learning and excellence
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen
- Superior client communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills, ability to operate independently, execute against multiple, high-priority projects and a keen attention to detail
- Professional, confident demeanor
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.