Already applied?View Dashboard
Director - Business Affairs - FreeformApply Now Apply Later Job ID 527541BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 02/26/2018
This person will be an integral team member of the Disney ABC Networks Group Business Affairs Department for Freeform, reporting to the Senior Vice Presidents of Business Affairs. This person is expected to work in a highly collaborative fashion with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members and members of Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Brand Management, Business Development and Digital Media.Apply Now Apply Later
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting and managing of the studio’s transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors) and acquire underlying rights with respect to live action/animated scripted series/movies as well as licensed/co-produced scripted programming.
- Maintaining budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for scripted productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
- Collaborate with Legal Affairs to get longform agreements signed on a timely basis.
- Work with Contract Administration on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
- Follow “best practices” and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a studio legal affairs and/or business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a US television studio or US television network.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
- Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Must have a four year degree and a JD
- Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar
- California Bar membership preferred