Director, Business AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 771791BR Location Burbank, California, United States Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
The Director, Business Affairs is responsible for developing contractual and business strategies for the Disney Platform Distribution group supporting the media networks, direct-to-consumer and home entertainment businesses. The role will focus on leading a team that analyzes contracts and participates in negotiations with distribution partners; manages contractual and MFN compliance; and evaluates new distribution opportunities.
- Lead a multi-person team within the Disney Platform Distribution Business Affairs group.
- Advise internal stakeholders on contractual and business guidance to advance the Disney Platform Distribution priorities.
- Support and participate in negotiations with key partners, including cable, satellite, telco, digital MVPDs and digital platforms (e.g., Amazon, Microsoft).
- Establish standard terms and deal structures that can be applied across accounts. Partner with business and legal colleagues to implement best practices and processes in connection with business needs.
- Create and maintain various contractual analyses and summaries across accounts and services. Maintain contractual systems, standards and procedures including MFN analysis and compliance.
- Provide timely and thoughtful contractual advice on potential risks and challenges, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
- Coordinate with Legal, Strategy, Sales and other internal stakeholders to align on key issues and goals and to support a streamlined contract negotiation process.
- Communicate effectively to all internal stakeholders. Summarize and communicate complex contractual analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of audiences.
- 6 years of related work experience within legal, business affairs or a related field
- Experience in contract and general corporate law. In-depth understanding of licensing agreements, industry landscape and current competitive trends
- Experience managing in-depth analyses and projects from concept to completion
- Ability to determine detailed contractual ramifications of deal points (e.g. MFN impacts)
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Management experience required
Preferred EducationJD strongly preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc..
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.