Director, Business OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 780317BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Work with Scheduling, Research and Finance group to build network KPI’s and P&L
- Be the business lead with finance on forecasts, LRP and AOP
- Develop thought leadership, presentations and analysis on how to improve the P&L
- Collaborate across the organization to develop scenarios/plans for future business models
- Work closely with finance and other stakeholders to develop appropriate actions from forecasts
- Working with Audience Strategy and Finance develop annual content investment plans
- Support the acquisitions team by running analysis for investments in acquisitions
- Support Content Teams in investment analysis
- Partner with Content teams to track budgets and production costs and propose alternatives if there are changes
- Look at financial opportunities to improve Networks P&Ls through efficiencies and revenue growth
- Collaborate with Commercial Marketing to build marketing investment levels and work with Marketing leads on prioritization of spends
- Work with Ad Sales to create AOP plans to support their budgets and networks to hit budgets
- Work with Affiliate team to build plans for upcoming negotiations including the portfolio or networks
- Work with Franchise lead and other LOBs to prioritize franchise properties and determine financial support
- Create financial tracker for the Content teams to give them clarity on performance and spend
- Work with content strategy lead to manage content budget and ensure consistency
- Create process for budget challenges with content teams
- Develop weekly updates for senior leadership
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial / business operations or strategy roles
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and assume increasing responsibility
- Experience within Media, to include linear and non-linear TV experience
- Experience interfacing with high level executives
- Analytical, able to assess and make sense of a large amount of data and provide recommendations
- Significant experience of working with financial data including forecasts to develop strategies
- Able to build budgets and models
- Highly collaborative and able to successfully build productive relationships at all levels
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work create solutions and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel based on business needs
- People management experience preferred; committed to developing colleagues and championing diversity, equity and inclusion
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.