Director, Communications, ABC EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 862832BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
- Work alongside the Executive Director, Communications to oversee the ABC Unscripted and Alternative team, managing a team of publicists and overseeing development and execution of press campaigns for ABC Entertainment’s diverse slate of unscripted series, specials and late night programming. Campaign oversite includes: communications strategy, talent relations, budget management, crisis communications, and media and influencer initiatives.
- Serve as the primary contact and drive the communications strategies for ABC’s specials, live events and award shows, including The Oscars, AMAs, The Disney Family Singalong, Little Mermaid Live!, and more.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media, conducting ongoing outreach to secure positive coverage surrounding ABC Entertainment’s unscripted and alternative slate and applicable corporate initiatives.
- Facilitate collaboration with other lines of business across The Walt Disney Company, including Parks & Resorts, Studios, music, consumer products, and more.
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Original Programming, Business Affairs, Production, Marketing, Photography and ABC.com to promote projects and initiatives.
- Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers, talent publicists, executive producers and executives.
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and execute strategies to promote projects and initiatives.
- Oversee trade and consumer announcement strategies, executive communications, crisis communications, and media and influencer initiatives.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in public relations or related field
- Entertainment industry experience
- Clear and effective communication, strong writing skills and attention to detail are crucial to achieve success in this position.
- Strong team player with the ability to interface with talent and executives
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing the social platforms to grow reach.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, create and implement strategy, craft interesting pitch angles and make quick informed decisions as necessary for the nature of live, alternative programming.
- Some work travel may be required.
- 10+ years’ experience in public relations or related field preferred
- People management experience, with success developing and coaching strong team members
- Talent relations experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About ABC Entertainment:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.