Director, Content Specialist (Disney Entertainment Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10047668 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted May 12, 2023
The Director is a key member of a broader communications team monitoring, identifying, crafting and managing messaging and related communications regarding content strategy across Disney Entertainment Television’s slate.
- Craft narratives around specific content or titles, serving as an expert or advisor to the larger team.
- Provide critical analysis of creative content in order to provide useful guidance for building communications strategies.
- Quickly and succinctly analyze a script or program to provide the necessary coverage and recommendations to colleagues.
- Provide timely, thoughtful and effective strategy direction, with the scope of work both proactive and reactive depending upon the specific needs of each project.
- Build and maintain robust communications and relationships with internal PR executives/partners, as well as creative executives, producers and series executives, to stay apprised of all potential content matters.
- Assess and respond to crisis or challenging situations quickly and professionally.
- Consult with relevant executive PR partners to develop effective communication procedures and policies for managing various brand reputation issues or crisis situations.
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies.
- Prior progressive management experience in communications, content strategy, public relations, public policy or related field.
- Clear and effective communicator with excellent writing, editing and analysis are crucial to achieve success in this position.
- Strong team player with the ability to interface with relevant television content as well as with creative executives to drive messaging strategy.
- Significant work experience in media communications, and/or creative content development.
- Entertainment/media industry experience; experience developing or producing television content is a plus.
- Prior executive and crisis communications experience.
- Prior experience with guild and labor unions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, PR or content-related field.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, California is $145,040 to $199,430 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.