Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Corporate Alliances StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636832BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2019
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney’s Corporate Alliances team develops and holistically manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional relationships with select brands and companies. The Corporate Alliances team is dedicated to creating incremental value to The Walt Disney Company and its partners through creative development of marketing and sponsorship programs, management of partner relationships within its theme parks, hotels, retail, dining & entertainment districts and other business units at The Walt Disney Company and the creation of new partnerships aligned with The Walt Disney Company’s businesses and strategic goals. The Corporate Alliances organization leverages company and partner assets to create value globally for The Walt Disney Company.
Responsibilities:General Strategy Responsibilities
- Develop the strategic direction and shape department policies for the broader Corporate Alliances organization, including Alliances, Marvel Partnerships and Gift Card Services businesses
- Develop and implement operational standards, processes and tools within the Corporate Alliances organization
- Lead holistic evaluation of industry, market, and consumer intelligence to strategically optimize partnerships within and across industries
- Lead team in producing periodic reports and consolidating information on alliance development deals, alliance management activities, and card services business.
- Proactively engage Corporate Alliances team leadership on a regularly scheduled basis to scope tasks and initiatives and establish priorities
- Use this information to develop a team work plan and manage resources to meet this plan
- Communicate the status of this work plan back to Corporate Alliances team leadership on a regularly scheduled basis
- Develop and scope process standardization and knowledge sharing initiatives. Establish organizational priority for these initiatives.
- Coordinate with Corporate Alliances team leadership to flow internal initiatives into overall work plan and assign to Alliance resources
- Coordinate the rollout of the standard processes, tools and metrics to the Corporate Alliances organization
- Assess needs for market and consumer data mining and lead project to obtain such information
- In particular, the Director of Strategy owns the overall process for the following:
- Annual Alliance Partner Account Plan and Quarterly Reviews
- Annual Corporate Alliances Strategic Plan
- Corporate Alliances Annual Operating Plan
- Corporate Alliances Knowledge Repository
- Lead goal setting and performance evaluation for Strategy team
- Provide ongoing performance feedback in addition to the formal, year-end performance evaluation process
- Actively plan career development with each member of the Strategy team
- Provide training opportunities and career development opportunities
- Align team with the strategic goals of the organization
- Familiarity with TWDC lines of business
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to develop a high performing team
- Ability to lead, integrate and manage work vertically and horizontally within Disney Corporate Alliances and other Disney Lines of Business
- Demonstrated diplomatic courage and strong influencing capabilities with executive interactions
- Resilience to work in a dynamic industry and complex financial systems environment
Required EducationB.S. in Marketing, Business or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.