Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Corporate Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615881BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for company-wide operating and capital planning, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasting, annual operating plans and five-year plans, review of all major capital projects, monitoring of segment/business unit operating performance, direct finance support of corporate departments and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform corporate senior management and the Board of Directors regarding the company’s financial performance, business trends and capital investment. In addition, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis works closely with our Investor Relations Department with respect to our ongoing investor and financial communications.
The Director will lead the FP&A client service interface for Enterprise Financial Services, Corporate Real Estate, Brand Management, Corporate Alliances and various other corporate departments. Duties will include leading and coordinating clients’ forecast, annual operating plan and annual five-year plan. The position reports to the VP of Corporate FP&A.
- Responsible for leading the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of departmental forecasts, annual operating plans and five-year plans for client stakeholders.
- Engage with clients and stakeholders to provide business consultation and financial guidance that shapes client thinking and supports decision making processes.
- Create and present insightful financial analysis for client stakeholders and senior Finance management.
- Develop and manage a professional staff.
- Establish a strong understanding of the key businesses supported in order to drive FP&A consultative work.
- Partner with Decision Support in the development of business cases and analysis.
- Partner with Shared Services to ensure the financial needs of Corporate Departments supported are being met consistent with SLAs and client expectations.
- Oversee the development of commentary / cause of change explanations for management reports and client-specific reports. Provide insight and business analysis for executive leadership.
- Lead continuous process improvement for the Corporate FP&A function.
- Execute and ensure compliance with FP&A policies and procedures.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Finance
- Minimum 7 years experience in financial planning and analysis
- Management experience leading teams
- Varied segment or corporate experience within Disney or within the entertainment industry is a plus
- Internal Disney FP&A practices and clients is strongly preferred
- Solid foundation in Financial Planning & Analysis activities and processes is a must. Preferably prior FP&A experience within Disney is strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Strong relationship management and client service orientation.
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management and stakeholders, specifically Senior Management.
- Ability to provide a consultative approach with clients helping to drive business and financial decisions.
- Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making.
- Flexibility and ability to anticipate change and respond to client needs and priorities with agility.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and implementation of best practices.
- Knowledge of financial processes and financial systems, including ERP, Reporting, and Planning tools. SAP and Cognos experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting and Tax.
- Certified Public Accounting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related/quantitative field of study required
- MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.