Director, Corporate Strategy and Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 774539BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
Examples of work completed over the last several years include:
- Strategy: Disney and ESPN direct-to-consumer strategy
- Acquisitions: 21st Century Fox, BAMTech, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar
- Joint Ventures: Equity Investment in Hulu, Combination of A&E and Lifetime
- Divestitures: Fox’s 22 Regional Sports Networks, Endemol Shine, FoxNext Games
- Assess and analyze critical media and entertainment trends worldwide
- Calculate internal and target company valuations
- Develop growth strategies for the company
- Perform company portfolio optimization analyses
- Work with senior business unit executives to help strategic development process
- Define and analyze critical new business development opportunities for the company
- Help execute mergers & acquisitions, and divestitures
- Create business plans for new corporate ventures
- Serve as project team member for a variety of strategic projects and initiatives
- Help create and analyze corporate long range plans
- Minimum 6 years of post-MBA work experience
- Experience and proven track record with a premier global investment bank, management consultancy or private equity firm
- Experience in doing business in foreign markets
- Experience in executing M&A transactions and developing strategic insights
- Enthusiasm for media, technology and branded consumer products & experiences
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- MBA from a top graduate business school
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.