Director, Creative Advertising Print & DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 933168BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Our team oversees the development, creation and execution of all creative print marketing materials for theatrically and digitally released live-action and animated films and series. We determine how to strategically position and market each film within the U.S. as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. We also serve as a creative and strategic conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance in creating materials, creative direction or approval. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that one unified campaign is communicated to the public. We work closely with every department within Studio Marketing and the greater Studios Content Group, including stategy, creative content, creative AV, publicity, media, synergy, promotions, digital, research and international, and Disney divisions including General Entertainment, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Responsibilities:As a Director, you will collaborate closely with the VP of Creative Advertising Print in managing and fulfilling creative print marketing materials across departments for live action films for The Walt Disney Company. The brands will include Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, LucasFilms and select Fox titles.
- Provide unique in-house design, finishing and art styling skill set.
- Direct - critique and redirect work of agencies / freelancers / and copywriters. Art finishing.
- Art Direct photo shoots (sometimes abroad).
- Contribute creative expertise to presentations for film makers /upper management.
- Covering meetings ( including presentations ) in the absence of the Department VP
- Meet with upper management and Film makers ( take direction and make presentations ).
- Assigned lead of specific projects and engage with Dept. VP in long term project planning.
- Contribute oversight to Art finishing and color separation stage through production.
- Oversee and contribute to revision stage, produce internal creative work, both original concept and adaptive.
- Cover interdepartmental meetings and projects for other departments.
- 8+ years of marketing/advertising experience required
- 8+ years of experience in the creation of print materials – preferably within the entertainment industry.
- Advanced production and finishing experience/knowledge required.
- Advanced experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
- Strong design and music sense, an understanding of advanced storytelling and copywriting.
- Passion for advertising.
- Candidate must be extremely creative.
- Creative, organized (including in follow up) and great eye for detail.
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment, in a proactive and resourceful way.
- Ability to work flexible hours and occassional weekends as needed by projects.
- Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time, both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field is preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.