Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Creative ContentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692863BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Marketing is the global marketing arm of The Walt Disney Studios. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, 20th Century Fox, and Blue Sky Studios. And we’re now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney+.
This role will direct the Creative Content Team creative content execution across multiple lines of business and departments; including but not limited to theatrical marketing EPK and publicity content, digital/social content, specialty broadcast content, sizzle reels, and promotional partnership featurettes.
- Leads creative charge on assigned titles. Initiates plans for creative pieces and sees those pieces through completion.
- Develop and maintain Creative Content Plans for assigned titles – make recommendations of best content pieces per title to pursue
- Supervise structure of Power Point/Keynote presentations for Creative Content presentations.
- Present and articulate Creative Content plans to executives, internal and external partners, filmmakers, etc.
- Assign vendors to creative projects
- Work with VP on approved budgets for projects
- Supervise Manager. Assign and supervise relevant pieces for Manager
- Set update meetings to pitch ideas, give updates, and review creative with VP
- Work with publicity team to set time/date to capture special content ideas to be filmed on set during production
- Produce content pieces for designated titles
- Oversee scripting process for materials
- Direct pre-production planning with scripting, choosing shoot locations and set look, coordinating with internal groups, interfacing with partners involved (like Disney Channel, Synergy, ABC, etc.)
- Supervise shoots
- Send materials to filmmakers and talent for approval. Oversee Manager during other approvals process.
- Build strong relationships with teams across all lines of business within the Walt Disney Studios organization
- Studio, production company or entertainment marketing experience
- Strong understanding of story telling and copy writing
- Professional experience in pre-production and production sides of the industry
- Thorough knowledge of post-production process
- Experience in digital content and strategy
- Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize large volume of projects
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, organized and have the ability to follow-up often and in a friendly and courteous manner
- Prior experience in production, post-production and/or marketing needed
- Someone who can devote her or himself to administration duties, is great with Excel, and has a cursory understanding of Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Powerpoint and Keynote
- 10 or more years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.