Director, D&I People & CultureApply NowApply Later Job ID 763258BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 12, 2020
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Director, People & Culture, reports to the VP, People & Culture for The Walt Disney Company, serving as strategic partner for all culture and talent functions globally. This role, will introduce best practices to attract, retain and develop diverse talent across lines of business and helping Disney become a leader in the art and science of “uncovering talent” as well as driving culture priorities including but not limited to the Business Employee Resource Groups. This role may have direct reports and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Partner across TWDC to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels
- Consult with Talent Acquisition and TWDC Diversity to diversify talent pipelines and external / industry partners to source high caliber talent that reflects our audiences
- Establish consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess performance, inform decisions on how to achieve objectives, and assess the ROI of their efforts
- Continuously enhance D&I practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment.
- Study talent management system(s) to identify opportunities for bias mitigation
- Recommend onboarding and learning strategies for diverse talent segments
- Identify and prioritize professional memberships and publications that offer high value insights for diverse talent
- Operationalize enterprise-wide focused priorities, such as sponsorship programs for a particular population
- Enhance enterprise insight about what remedies are most effective to advance inclusion
- Serve as trusted counsel to business leaders on D&I matters
- Lead the Global BERG Framework across TWDC
- Directing BERG leadership and ensuring the BERGs function at a high capacity
- Support the capability building of ERGs across the enterprise
- Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
- To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
- A keen mind for business and business performance
- Deep understanding of what drives business cultures
- A natural orientation to collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
- The ability to garner trust from leaders at all levels
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in business, marketing, HR or related area
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the market place
- Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
- Challenges accepted wisdom
- Cultivates their own curiosity AND focuses on impact
- Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of talent processes
- Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
- Builds concrete solutions
- Has built and motivated high-performing, cross functional and collaborative teams
- Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, global organization
- Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
- Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
- Leads so that others choose to follow
- Communicates in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal) and adapts appropriately for the environment
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related field
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree in related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.