Director - Development (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 935442BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Feb. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Implement the creative strategy as defined by the senior leadership team to grow unique, compelling, and Freeform brand-appropriate scripted series content
- Develop and oversee the production of scripted series from pitch through pilot
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identifying the creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursuing business with them
- Generate new show ideas/concepts and field pitches from outside producers
- Interface with studio and production executives on pilot and series production issues
- Partner with all network Scheduling department on series launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs
- Collaborate with other Freeform departments on various issues (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.) through development and production
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio and outside producers on all development, production and programming issues
- Manage special projects and assignments as required
- Manage an administrative assistant
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or producing commercially successful and/or critically acclaimed scripted series
- Demonstrated knowledge of the creative process from concept through pilot production
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, writers, directors, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills
- Self-driven motivation to develop new ideas and build new talent relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in multiple forms of social media
- Strong understanding of the Freeform demographic
- Experience at a studio or large production company selling projects to TV networks
- Meaningful experience developing scripted drama series
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.