Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Digital MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 690958BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 22, 2019
A dedicated, dynamic and seasoned Director of Digital Marketing is needed for the Theatrical Marketing team to oversee all aspects of digital campaigns. This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires creativity, improvisation, organization, and communication at a very high level. This position may require some non-traditional working hours (early morning/weekends), light travel and on-field level work at events, including premieres, screenings & junket.
- Work with the VP to establish and implement a comprehensive digital campaign strategy on a film by film basis
- Work with agencies and internal departments to research, ideate, design and build world-class 360 interactive campaigns in support of theatrical releases
- Develop, implement, execute and present campaign plans to internal and external stakeholders including studio leads, filmmakers and talent teams
- Manage the project lifecycle for multiple concurrent projects, defining and tailoring the processes based on the team and project needs.
- Collaborate with internal media team, external media agencies, creative vendors and/or third-party editorial and digital platform partners on integrated programs including social gaming, portal experiences, product launches and break-through programs on innovative platforms from development through production.
- Oversee digital content launches over life cycle of campaign
- Establish key performance metrics and provide regular progress reports, sentiment analysis and track budgets
- Identify and coordinate cross-departmental dependencies to ensure projects move smoothly and obstacles are identified and appraised proactively
- Identify key trends, tools, technologies and ongoing market intelligence in the social/interactive/mobile space
- Coordinate site launches and/or traffic-driving events with internal/external partners
- Experience working on large scale digital media plans
- A passionate expertise in Social, Mobile and Digital marketing
- Creative sensibility a must
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong working knowledge & emerging media and new technology platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, both in a supervisory role and as a collaborative team player.
- Excellent presentation organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 10 or more years of experience
- Theatrical marketing experience
- Experience working with creative agencies on digital campaigns
- Large scale theatrical marketing digital media campaign experience
- Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.