Director, Disney Technology Operations Center (DTOC)
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 794851BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
Job Summary:Enterprise Technology is responsible for Information Technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, End-User and Technical Operations for The Walt Disney Company including virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management Systems, UGC Enforcement Platform, E-commerce, Video Distribution Technology, Registration, Advertising Systems and Data Warehouse & Reporting. The Enterprise Technology web operations teams focus on Servers & Hosting and Network Connectivity. Enterprise Technology teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, N. Hollywood, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando.
Within Enterprise Technology, End-User and Technical Operations is an organization focused on coordinating and carrying out the activities and processes required to deliver and manage technology services for The Walt Disney Company. End-User and Technical Operations encompasses four centers of excellence; The Disney Technology Operations Center, End-user & Service Desk, IT Service Delivery, Availability Management and Enterprise Systems Management. The Disney Technology Operations Center (DTOC) is an integrated 24x7x365 operations center, which is charged with the mission of monitoring The Walt Disney Company technology services, reducing incidents and shortening the impact of events, all while minimizing service disruption to our customers. Core to the DTOC is the Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence capabilities of the organization. Imbedded in the DTOC are supporting organizations providing a wide array of technical expertise.
The Director, Disney Technology Operations is responsible for the operation of the Disney Technology Operations Centers as a service. This includes leading the incident management, crisis management and event management processes as well as directing the network operations centers, telecom operations center and L1/L2 infrastructure teams. This executive is a key thought leader for End-User &Technical Operations creating and executing programs, processes and development activities that ensure the proper sustainment and availability of all technology platforms across a highly diverse and increasingly complex portfolio of services. This leader will be asked to lead a large team of 150+ technology professionals from a diverse mix of sources ranging from Disney employees to outsource Supplier personnel.
- Provides overall leadership for the Disney Technology Operations organization providing comprehensive technology perspective, procedural guidance, and compliance adherence with a strong emphasis on speed and precise execution
- Domain expert in the disciplines of Incident Management, Crisis Management, Problem Management and Event Management
- Technical leader who will provide thought leadership, mentorship, coaching and drive execution excellence
- Highly visible role, maintains strong relationships with all Segment/Business Units as well as other Enterprise Technology teams in defining IT service operations delivery mechanisms, meeting service level requirements and resolving service operations issues across the portfolio
- Effectively builds and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, OEMs and other third parties to ensure consistent and effective delivery of technology services across The Walt Disney Company.
- Focused and emotionally aware team builder. Demonstrates executive presence at all times and invests in the development the team and individuals that comprise it
- Highly experienced executive capable of leading highly diverse global teams. Who is culturally astute and emotionally aware to ensure that cohesion exists between team members that reside in different countries and time zones
- A leader willing to mentor, teach and set vision on a diverse variety of technology. Defines processes and execution strategy for all areas of the portfolio as it pertains to Incident Management and service availability – ensures that measurements and KPIs are in place for all offerings
- Responsible for consistently evolving and maturing the incident management approach – team must apply consistent practices to ensure each event has been thoroughly investigated and results are applied to improve future response
- In partnership with the Network, Telecom and Infrastructure Operations teams, identify gaps and remediation opportunities within business processes and run books. Ensure continuous alignment between the organizations and that all knowledge artifacts stay relevant
- Partner with Engineering and Architecture leadership to maintain a roadmap and infrastructure tools portfolio that aligns with the current operational needs of the organization and enables the future growth of the business
- Responsible for ensuring that all business processes and frameworks have the ability to scale to a global level – must be resilient yet simple enough to support a 24x7x365 operation
- In partnership with the Service Transition organization – ensures that the right levels of control and governance are in place so that only quality products that are designated ‘enterprise ready’ make it into the production portfolio
- Have relevant and current skill set in the areas of x86 hardware technology, Windows, Linux, RISC operating systems, P-Series hardware, SAN, NAS and data protection technologies
- Have a working knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies, wireless infrastructure, DNS/DHCP, Load-Balancers, WAN Accelerators, Telephony and other network technologies
- Experience working with external telecommunications providers including, MSOs, LECs and MNOs as well as the technologies leveraged for service integration
- Seasoned technologist whom will identify technology and execution challenges in solutions and products offered by Architecture and Engineering teams as well as outside vendors and OEMs.
- Consistently reviews and advises the outsourced supplier on the effectiveness of their technology approaches and its implications to the technology delivery function
- Key stakeholder and business partner with the IT Service Management and Technical Relationship Management team to ensure that the supplier services and metrics align with the overall service strategy and tool sets
- Routinely cultivates and maintains relationships with technology industry thought leaders
- 10+ years of IT/IS management of Systems and Network Operations
- 5-7 years in leadership role within IT shared services organization
- 5-7 years’ experience working in an ITIL framework or six sigma organization
- 10+ years of people management experience
- ITILv3 Foundations Certified
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant degree or coursework
- MBA or Master degree in technical field preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.