Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Diversity & Inclusion - People & CultureApply Now Apply Later Job ID 544719BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 04/05/2018
At The Walt Disney Studios we believe seeking ideas and decisions from diverse (all) people helps us grow, innovate and tell inspiring stories that resonate with global audiences. Building a workforce that reflects the life experiences of the audiences that we want to connect to and fostering an environment that promotes curiosity, innovation and ideas from all people ensures our work is relevant to a rapidly changing and diversifying world.
Our Multicultural Audience Engagement team helps cultivate creative talent, supports diverse storytelling, outreach and market research, and creates strategies that drive multicultural consumer acquisition and engagement for The Walt Disney Studios’ businesses. The team also partners with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Director, People & Culture reports to the Vice President, Multicultural Audience Engagement, and acts as a strategic consultant to business leaders and HR partners focused on attracting, retaining and developing talent that reflects our audiences and promoting an inclusive environment where employees at all levels can perform their best.
- Facilitate the development of an insights-driven strategic plan for diversity and inclusion across the Studio with a focus on people and culture.
- Consult with HR and business leaders to develop and integrate analytics-driven D&I strategies into Line of Business plans that align with Studio objectives
- Connect opportunities with people and culture to our marketplace objectives working in concert with the Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement.
- Partner across TWDC and Studio HR to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels of the Studio. Examples include:
- Deliver learning experiences to develop leaders who model and drive inclusive behaviors
- Leverage Employee Resource Groups to promote inclusion within business and creative processes
- Consult with Talent Acquisition and TWDC Diversity to diversify talent pipelines and external / industry partners to source high caliber talent that reflects our audiences
- Establish consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess performance, inform decisions on how to achieve objectives, and assess the ROI of their efforts
- Create and moderate safe spaces for honest and practical dialogue around D&I while challenging conventional wisdom
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of Studios diversity activities and their impact on business results.
- Develop and share an ongoing and inspiring narrative about our progress against the strategy
- Continuously enhance D&I practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment across the Studio.
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience in business, marketing, HR or related area
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the marketplace
- Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
- Challenges accepted wisdom
- Cultivates his/her own curiosity AND focuses on impact
- Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of talent processes across levels
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing, as an executive champion, the practice of diversity & inclusion
- Capabilities around and experience in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and how to leverage research (e.g. employee research)
- Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, global organization
- Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
- Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
- Communicates in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal) and adapts appropriately for the environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters’ degree in related field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.