Director, Global Crisis Management & Business ContinuityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738433BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
- In cooperation with the Vice President, Security Enterprise Programs, develops policy and strategy to manage significant events which affect the health, safety and welfare of all TWDC employees world-wide
- Responsible for the development and implementation of global policy, plans and training to manage large-scale incidents and crises; assists business units in the development and testing of business resumption plans
- Develops and implements crisis management policy, plans, training and exercises
- Assists business units in the development and testing of business resumption plans
- Develops strong and productive relationships with high-level domestic and international law enforcement, first-responders, and emergency management teams, as well as private sector counterparts worldwide
- Accomplishes enterprise and department objectives by establishing action plans, timetables and outcome measurements, obtaining and allocating resources, reviewing progress, making mid-course corrections
- Achieves financial goals by establishing objectives; developing and monitoring budgets; controlling and reducing costs; optimizing use of assets
- Contributes to team effort by offering information and opinion as a member of a matrixed management; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing special projects as needed
- Maintains results by recruiting and selecting key managers; coaching, counseling and disciplining managers; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Directly oversees 1 Director and 3 Senior Managers, and leads a team with global responsibility
- Personal experience with mass notification systems and/or incident management applications; experience managing real-life crisis response, recovery operations or incidents
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility within private sector, corporate security or a related public sector organization, preferably including 3-5 years of experience preferred within a law enforcement, emergency management or similar agency and 7+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and lead a professional team attuned to organizational culture, yet be innovative and able to develop new initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of partnering and developing consensus within an organization climate of diverse operational activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate within all levels of an organization, including briefing executive management as well as operating teams
- Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required
- Experience in providing technical expertise appropriate to knowledge of risk and cost effective delivery of essential security services
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate a large volume of information and to communicate accurate and time recommendations on business and security related risks to the organization with solid focus on detail, as required
- Ability to develop global security strategies keyed to likely risks and in collaboration with organization’s stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate, influence and assist the organization to assess and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and trends in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven track record of managing and developing employees
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.