Director, Health & SafetyApply NowApply Later Job ID 771414BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 29, 2020
The Director, Health and Safety is a global role overseeing the Health & Safety strategy and activities across The Walt Disney Studios. This individual will work with business leaders across our business to ensure the safety of all Cast, Crew, and Employees, inclusive of Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Studios, and Disney Theatrical Group. This role is also responsible for leading the Health & Safety team to ensure the success of each live action production and to properly plan for and staff the Health and Safety (H&S) team. Additionally, they will provide day to day leadership for the global H&S Team. This position will be responsible for working with studio executives, production executive and the TWDC safety organization to define and refine not only the role of the Health and Safety team, but to consistently update and enhance TWDS protocols.
- Develop safety strategy across all Studio businesses, including Live Action, Stage, Animation, Marketing, and Office based employees
- Refine and implement safety protocol for all sites and geographies
- Provides vision, leadership, and technical expertise to set and refine the global strategy of the Health & Safety team of 70+ team members
- Establish strong relationship and partnership with all Studio and Production executives
- Act as a key collaborator with Human Resources, Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Risk Management, Medical, Legal, Walt Disney TV, etc on related protocols and incident management.
- Forecast staffing needs across productions and coordinate the movement of team members from show to show
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of the overall H&S operating guides to ensure future shows have a road map to success
- Help to refine the COVID testing strategy and obtain efficiencies in partnership with TWDS Sourcing Team
- Lead initiatives and working with internal and external partner to refine all processes and procedures of the H&S team
- In partnership with Studio executive team, manage approval process for all new production locations
- Requires a high degree of sound, independent judgment and capability and experience in managing global operations at scale
- Experience in assisting or leading/managing, complex issues within a production environment as well as navigating a corporate structure
- Requires a strong understanding of working within a film production environment
- Experience implementing complex safety standards
- 5-10 years of management experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and accountability
- Proven ability to work with, influence, manage, and/or lead others in a complex and diverse work environment.
- Highly ethical and professional, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/ confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, well considered decisions in stressful situations
- Demonstrated positive behaviors and attitudes in seeking solutions and outcomes
- Strong communication skills and attention to details
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups
Preferred Qualifications:Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in occupational health planning and management preferably with Studio experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of state and federal safety laws and standards.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.