Director, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 771495BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 08, 2021
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to key Studio leaders on key organizational and management issues
- Develop and implement an HR roadmap that includes but is not limited to: talent acquisition, organizational development, performance management, talent planning and career development, leadership development, employee communications, compensation and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and learning.
- Provide relevant and contemporary human resources services that can range from strategy, implementation, and support at the transactional level.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization, leadership, and human resources issues.
- Lead all organization and HR initiatives and integrate with HR functional partners.
- Create compelling talent strategies to address competitive employment environment, and attract and retain highly qualified diverse talent.
- Leads the development of the training/development strategies to close skill “gaps” between current and future skill sets and competencies.
- Analyze and interpret key metrics to measure the success of human capital strategies.
- Utilize workforce data and insights to tell compelling stories and influence leaders and partners to action.
- Provide ongoing performance coaching and feedback to the assigned organization’s leaders to drive high performance teams and an engaged workforce.
Basic Qualifications:At Disney, we want leaders who lead so that people chose to follow.
- Captivate the Audience – Tell compelling stories. Disney leaders are authentic and connect with people through the power of story. They think globally with relentless customer focus. They maintain a clear vision for success in order to lead strategically and begin with the end in mind.
- Inspire Optimism – Motivate, develop and collaborate. Disney leaders consistently reinforce why success is possible. They build effective teams with strong relationships, maintain humility, invest in top talent and show appreciation. They demonstrate confidence, act decisively, expect excellence and drive results to realize shared success.
- Innovate with Courage – Invent our future, respect our past. Disney leaders set a tone of accountability while taking informed risks and using failures to learn. They are curious and inspire creativity. They identify disruptors, drive necessary change and seek to do the impossible while respecting Disney’s rich history, so that it’s iconic and newly created brands realize new heights.
- Act with Integrity and Inclusion – Do the right thing. Disney leaders are truthful, trustworthy, and reliable. They make a point to publicly appreciate differences and go out of their way to help others belong. Maintaining a respectful candor at all times, they proactively involve multiple perspectives when making critical decisions, act with sound judgment and treat everyone fairly to ensure Disney standards are upheld.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources or business leadership roles including direct involvement with senior business executives in high growth, entrepreneurial business environments.
- Significant experience and proven track record in organizational development and driving large-scale change and transformation that is successful and sustained.
- Experience at building a strong, contemporary and value-added HR team.
- Strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies.
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” HR plan implementation experience.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship.
- Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment; experience working in Entertainment/Marketing industry preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and develop strong, value add teams
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance
- Proven ability working in “the gray” and helping teams through uncertainty
- Be willing to adjust style and approach to best meet the needs of a high touch, fast-paced, nimble, creative environment
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or equivalent
- MBA or MHR Preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.