Director, Live Action Series DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 788308BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted May 07, 2021
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.The Director, Live Action Series Development is responsible for partnering with the VP, Live Action Series Production & Development to oversee the development, execution, and production of all episodic and serialized live-action content.
- Generate clear and cogent verbal and written feedback on all story materials related to various series through all phases of development and production.
- Develop new concepts for live action series that are aligned with companywide storytelling strategy and transmedia efforts.
- Act as a point of contact for showrunners, producers, and other production partners on creative on assigned projects
- Act as “current” series executive giving written and verbal feedback on all aspects of shows in production, as assigned by VP.
- Participate in creative meetings involving executives, and key creative leadership teams related to all Lucasfilm storytelling.
- Act as proxy for VP, as necessary, across internal meetings and with various lines of business.
- Organize systems and written materials to support various series across other lines of business, acting as a liaison for marketing, PR, publishing, and consumer products.
- Attend creative meetings, recording sessions and other production related sessions as necessary
- Attend industry conferences and festivals to identify and liaise with talent and prepares reports on these events.
- Evaluate writing and directing samples; responsible for obtaining coverage, tracking and responding to all sample submissions.
- Generate talent lists and obtains availability information as requested by VP, Development for open writing and directing assignments
- Act as a point of contact for agents and managers, and develops strong relationships with talent representatives.
- Conduct general meetings with potential writing and directing talent and logs results of these meetings.
- Foster and maintains strong relationships with creative talent, especially writers and filmmakers; stay aware of emerging talent in the animation, television, and streaming space.
- 7-10 years development experience required, preferably within Television.
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, English, creative writing, theatre, communications or related field, preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
- Effective collaborator with creative contributors.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.