Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Live Event Planning & Brand ExperiencesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 616433BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:Radio Disney Network seeks an outstanding communicator to lead the ongoing management and planning of key network events as Director, Live Event Planning & Brand Experiences. This highly visible and critical team member will execute short and long-term event strategies that deliver on business objectives. This highly collaborative leader will work closely with our Content Development, Programming, Digital & Social Media Engagement, Ad Sales, and Media Relations teams to effectively acquire, activate and retain the Radio Disney Network audience, drive economic objectives, and support our portfolio of brands. Strategic thinking, creativity, and ability to influence peers/colleagues are essential to this role.
Our ideal Director will have a creative imagination and a desire to own and improve our Radio Disney and Radio Disney Country brands through compelling events and brand experiences.
- Lead overall strategy and execution for live event marketing, including creation of goals, approach, audience targets, positioning, project management, creative development, editorial calendar management, overall communication and engagement strategy
- Serve as lead project manager on priority event initiatives from inception to completion
- Drive direction and development of the consumer marketing strategy, plans and execution
- Work with Content, Programming, Social Media, Media Relations to maximize brand saliency across Radio Disney Network platforms
- Source and manage vendors during the creative conceptualization phase through on-site execution
- Oversight of annual promotions plan
- Leverage relationships with partners to extend reach and speed to market
- Act as a leader and catalyst who inspires others to deliver bar-raising, best in class ideas and plans, eliminating barriers that may work against this
- Create and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage a marketing budget to ensure programs executed are ROI optimized
- 7 years of relevant marketing experience, preferably at brand or agency with focus on live event production and music
- Outstanding strategic and financial management skills but stays on top of tactical execution
- Exemplary project management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities in a lean work environment
- Persuasive with excellent negotiation, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Successful track record in media marketing with experience in branding & positioning, promotions, advertising, experiential brand activations and direct marketing
- Demonstrated experience growing a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a track record of proven leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Excellent cross-team collaboration and partnership skills, with demonstrated ability to work across organizations and reporting boundaries to get things done
- Ability to travel 40% of the time.
- Experience with Keynote and PowerPoint required.
Required EducationBachelors Degree or equivalent combination of work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Radio Network Assets, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Radio Network Assets, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.