Director, Localization, English Lang ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 933190BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Director, Localization, English Language Services will manage the English localization of films and television shows. This role will manage a team that will assist in the project management of foreign content, in line with the Content Operations goals for commonality in operating method, organizational structure, systems, and vendor partners. The reliability, consistency, flexibility and cost-effectiveness of the department is a key outcome.
In this role, the Director, Localization, English Language Services will provide the streaming day and date availability of localized content to help drive subscriber acquisition, subscriber retention and to increase the value and interest in non-US produced shows across a global subscriber base where English is the most widely consumed language.
Responsibilities:Our ideal candidate will be able to develop relationships with content producers, showrunners and other creative groups which will be a key for success in this role. Regular discussions with senior executives involved in release and production planning will be a significant part of the role as well.
The Director, Localization, English Language Services will manage and assist vendors to meet creative expectations, build relationships with creative talent (writers, directors, actors) and the guilds or unions that represent them.
• Reliable planning and communication methods with Post Production teams for deliveries On Time and Right First Time
• Reliable planning and communication methods with vendors for deliveries On Time and Right First Time
• Reliable planning and communication methods with internal partner groups for creative and technical support; and manage a conduit to legal resources for legal issues.
• Organization with clear operating process (BMS)
• Optimized management and OH structure
• Process to forecast volume/velocity demands and manage capacity
• Formal quality management program
• Metrics reporting process
• Accurate reporting of costs, forecast, actuals and variance analysis
• Identification, testing and on-boarding process for new systems/technology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in English language or other localization activity.
- 3 years managing a hybrid operational and creative team within a global top-ranking motion picture, television or media production, gaming and distribution organization.
- AvidPro, Protools, or experience with similar tools required
Preferred Qualifications:Complete knowledge of technical aspects related to all localization activities with particular strength in ADR, recording techniques and mixing. Demonstrated ability to drive technology solutions. Will have held leadership and influencing roles with direct and indirect reporting relationships with creative, operations and business executives. Will have knowledge of working and contracting with guilds and unions pertinent to the industry. Will have experience in the following areas –
Creative, legal and technical aspects of localization
Business management (budgets)
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience required
MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.