Director, Machine Learning & AI Engineering
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744881BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
Job Summary:The Director, ML & AI Engineering will grow and lead a team of talented ML and AI engineers to develop machine learning infrastructure and scalable ML system to accelerate ML innovation, and to enable AI applications for DTCI Data Platforms. This role will be focused on building and innovating advanced analytics and ML platforms, partnering closely with data science, product, engineering, and business teams to drive audience curation and activation, real-time personalization/recommender system, and content AI engineering solutions.
- Scale and optimize machine learning at all stages of a project’s lifecycle including feature engineering, model training, production deployment, A/B testing, monitoring, and retraining to ensure continuous delivery.
- Design solution architecture and develop an online learning system to accelerate learning cycle.
- Operationalize, measure, and manage ML/AI algorithms, and maintain high system reliability & sustainability.
- Develop ML pipelines that can evolve rapidly to handle new technologies and modeling approaches.
- Provide thought leadership to enable ML/AI applications, and to deliver ML/AI products and services to support internal and external stakeholders across DTCI and TWDC
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in software engineering, system engineering, data science, data engineering and architecture with a proven track record to drive innovation and impacts
- Minimum of 5 years of managing a team of ML and data engineers
- Strong knowledge and experience with big data platforms (AWS, Snowflake, Spark) and ML/AI languages and tools (Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet)
- Experience in building advanced analytics and ML infrastructure and system
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning algorithms and advanced modeling solutions
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
- Working experience in digital media and entertainment industry
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.