Director, Marketing Partnerships & Promotions (Marvel Studios)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 792575BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 18, 2021
- Work with VPs to develop promotional strategies and pitching criteria for theatrical and D+ content by targeting suitable brands and making thematic connections.
- Oversee initial outreach and potential partner pitches for Marvel Studio partnership opportunities and manage deal conversations.
- Drive deal negotiation for brand partners. Duties include working closely with Legal, Marketing, Corporate Brand Management, Franchise and Execution, and in all serving as a critical point of contact.
- Develop presentation materials in collaboration with creative team to facilitate partner pitch meetings.
- Support VP with the development of trackers and presentations for internal reporting.
- Manage revenue and partnership deal driving product placement deals, including working closely with Production for Marvel Studios content.
- Liaise with functional teams across TWDC and other key partners to develop cross-promotional programs.
- Manage team’s relationships with key external partners such as agencies and promotional partners.
- Manage business related elements of partnership deals during execution process.
- Collaborate with Marvel New Media and TWDC Media teams for incremental revenue driving partnership extensions, where applicable.
- Please note that there may be some travel affiliated with this role, approximately 20%.
- 6-8 years’ work experience in marketing, entertainment, brand partnerships, promotions, brand production resources, and/or major entertainment branding
- Knowledge of partnership marketing + multi-platform media campaigns
- Understanding of product placement
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing blue chip level companies/brands and beyond
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, corporate entertainment environment
- Results oriented, self motivated
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects at any given time and to operate within an organization that conducts business across multiple time zones
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be resourceful/flexible, all while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- Must possess enthusiasm and a desire to take on increased responsibilities
- Ability to quickly learn internal processes and the basics of who to reach out to with questions
- Team player is a must
- MAC computer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of Keynote
- Salesforce experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Photoshop experience a plus
- Willingness to do some work travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.