Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Marketing Partnerships & PromotionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675524BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Marketing Partnerships & Promotions in Burbank, CA. This role will report to the VP, Marketing Partnerships, Sales & Synergy.
- Identifies and secures high-value strategic third party partnerships for Disney Live Action, Disney+, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation and Pixar with long term potential for both Theatrical and In-Home windows.
- Work closely with Brand, Finance, and Operational VP and team to structure global deals.
- Maximize yield in all major segments through the sale of fully integrated partnerships for specific clients.
- Pro-actively source potential partners thru various channels and research methods, while tracking the competitive landscape.
- Develops proposals, prepares and presents to key partners; negotiates license fees, royalties, overall media commitment, on-pack and in-store exposure, licensed product opportunities and promotional terms and territory.
- Works closely with and manages productive, positive relationships with Corporate Alliances, Disney Consumer Products, Corporate Brand Management, Promotion Agencies, In-Home Brand Marketing/Product Management and In-Home Customer Marketing and Promotions in order to fully DEVELOP all promotional opportunities.
- Identifies key business levers and establishes “Best Practices” for promotions management.
- Manages and maximizes the effectiveness of promotional pitching and concept development.
- Initiates cost benefit analysis for promotional opportunities and evaluates and tracks performance metrics for implemented programs.
Travel as needed
- 8+ years sales marketing experience preferably at a studio or ad agency within the film industry.
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
- Persuasive, confident networker and deal maker with a track record of success in growing new markets and partnerships.
- Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles related to the sale and implementation of corporate partnerships. Experience in technology, digital, finance and insurance partnerships preferred.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, be willing to learn and have a burning desire to succeed.
- Must possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.