Director, MasteringApply NowApply Later Job ID 964633BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The development of relationships with content producers, showrunners and other creative groups is key to success. Regular discussions with senior executives involved in release and production planning will be a significant part of the role. This role manages and oversees vendors, driving vision for development and deployment to meet expectations. On time and right first-time deliveries are critical to meeting business expectations for strategic goals such as “day and date”; this role provides direction and deployment of team and resources to achieve them.
This is a transformative role with a growing team. As the key provider of oversight for DMED’s mastering activity worldwide, a successful candidate in this role must have the ability to drive his or her department towards flawless execution of mastering workflows, while collaborating with external vendors to ensure on-time delivery of compliant content. This position requires a high-level of proficiency in diplomatic workflows and an ability to operate cross-functionally is essential. This person will serve as Distribution Operations’ primary mastering contact for DMED, Disney Streaming, and Disney General Entertainment business partners including Global Content Operations, Post Production, Legal, Finance, Business Operations, Content Platforms, and others. In addition, the Director will work closely with his or her peers, production studios, vendors, and our worldwide teams in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Latin America.
- Author mastering business vision & strategy and translate into operational tactics that build organizational support and infrastructure needed to achieve them. Optimize management and overhead structure.
- Develop and implement plans to create a flexible and efficient global mastering model that scales internal/external resources to the volume of content produced across the organization. Identification, testing and on-boarding process for new systems/technology
- Develop process and strategy to forecast volume/velocity demands and manage capacity.
- Manage multiple priorities and DMED initiatives with high visibility in a fast-paced, global operation.
- Manage budget; ensure accurate reporting of costs – forecast – actuals – variance analysis.
- Drive vision and execute formal quality management program. Establish productivity, cost, and compliance metrics to ensure optimum efficiency and quality. Initiate a reporting protocol that uses metrics and data to improve tracking visibility and drive operational improvements.
- Create objectives, both short and long term, that manage the daily workflows of internal teams and external vendors and ensure prompt delivery of content in a results-driven environment.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships by tracking performance metrics. Collaborate with vendors in efforts to improve cost of services, capacity planning, workflow efficiency, and turnaround time. Strategize and create reliable planning and direction to Vendors for deliveries that are On Time and Right First Time.
- Align workforce strategy to address key business plans and facilitate organizational change initiatives.
- Foster a culture of customer focused behaviors that promote a high level of responsiveness.
- Mentor and develop team members and create an environment that encourages personal and departmental growth.
- Understand all areas of accountability, worldwide. Coordinate and collaborate with other departments within the company in establishing and carrying out responsibilities in achieving DMED goals.
- Strategize and create reliable planning and communication methods with Post Production teams for deliveries that are On Time and Right First Time.
- Strategize and create reliable planning and communication methods with internal partner groups for creative and technical support.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in audio/video containers, codecs, and digital video and audio file formats including UHD (4K), HDR, SDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, encoding specifications, compliance standards, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and proficient understanding of digital media assets, deliverables, workflows, and technical knowledge related to episodic and film workflows.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience managing operational teams with both direct and indirect reports
- Experience managing a hybrid (on/offsite) operational team within a global top-ranking motion picture, television, streaming or media/post production company, gaming and distribution organization.
- Proficient at preparing/creating/providing presentation materials, delivering presentations, facilitating and planning meetings.
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies and Collaboration systems and products such as Agile, Scrum, Jira, Smartsheet, Asana, Trello, Confluence.
- Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools such as Domo, Google Analytics.
- Experience in some of the following areas –
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Quality Management
- Business management ($MM of third-party spend)
- Experience working with key stakeholders across global territories (North America, LatAm, APAC, EMEA) and with clients from global, domestic, and local/territory platforms.
- Complete knowledge of technical aspects related to all mastering and QC activities with particular strength in reading and understanding video and audio QC reports in order to convey issues to post production and technical teams to resolve a variety of issues all at once.
- Demonstrated ability to drive technology solutions.
- Will have held leadership and influencing roles with direct and indirect reporting relationships with operations and business executives.
- Will have knowledge of localization and dubbing workflows.
- Experience with Scenechronize, Pix, Airtable, Box, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Subject matter expertise and knowledgeable in understanding television post-production delivery schedules, timelines, and workflows.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
Additional Information:Personal Attributes:
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.