Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Music - Business Affairs & Legal CounselApply Now Apply Later Job ID 697432BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 26, 2019
- Draft and negotiate and revise music related agreements, including employment agreement for composer, songwriter, recording artist, record producer, music supervisor and album license agreements related to feature films and other productions.
- Draft and negotiate co-publishing agreements.
- Order, process and track payments to talent and music licensors.
- Assemble soundtrack album royalty breakdowns.
- Establish and maintain contacts at major record companies and music publishers.
- Provide advice and respond to legal, music union and rights inquires on music issues
- Supervise the transmittal and follow up of music documentation with outside agents/attorneys.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required in conjunction with these responsibilities
- California State Bar membership or eligibility for Registered In-house Counsel.
- At least 7 years total legal experience with 3-4 years specifically in music legal.
- Excellent knowledge of copyright laws and principles, music clearance, music publishing and soundtrack album agreements.
- Ability to prepare and negotiate agreements and provide clear and concise advice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, both orally and in writing, with persons on all levels.
- JD Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.