Director Music Licensing (Twentieth Century Fox Television)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714425BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
- Report to the VP of Music Clearance.
- Work directly with television production and music creative, review cue sheets for all shows, pursue the necessary approvals from third parties for music and audio, negotiate fees, manage budgets, and track all licenses through to full execution and payment.
- Review terms of approval, short form agreements, and contracts, to ensure TCFTV’s legal requirements are fulfilled.
- In collaboration with department coordinator, aid in the internal processing and external distribution of licensing payments in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Create, upload and manage music/television productions in internal database and digital information repository.
- Attend Music Affairs departmental / television team meetings, provide updates on projects, and collaborate on the successful release of all visual media in corresponding productions.
- Work with IT on use of our systems to continue to help build a robust platform that services Music Affairs and production needs.
- Research back-up documentation to confirm negotiated deal points.
- Negotiate changes required to synch license agreements and master use license agreements with music publishers, record companies, attorneys, and any and all other music owners.
- Negotiate fees and licensing terms with all third party publishers, writers, lawyers and others who represent the music used by TCFTV, in order to obtain rights for use of protected music.
- Screen television shows and check music cue sheet accuracy for each television show, ensuring that the music is licensed or covered by composers’ agreements.
- Maintain departmental pre-negotiated music agreement files.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in music licensing at a production company, television studio, or trailer house.
- Knowledge of music licensing, song research and rights negotiation, synchronization, and master use rights.
- Ability to professionally and personably communicate in all manners internally and with clients both written and verbal.
- Ability to track all licenses through the entire licensing process from start to finish from initial request, to contract to payment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company and department personnel, as well as producers, directors, publishers, record company executives, composers, and attorneys.
- Savvy with technology, database management and asset requests/delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced music licensing terms and conditions and the ability to understand, interpret, negotiate and draft contractual agreements.
- Ability to process and navigate fast moving high amounts of data and paperwork.
- Proactive team player and motived solution oriented self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and thorough due diligence.
- Keen negotiating skills, works well under pressure and tight deadlines, ability to accurately manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 8+ years’ prior experience working in the areas of music clearance and licensing, and music supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.