Director of Content Performance Analytics
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 797789BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May. 22, 2021
Job Summary:Disney General Entertainment Content creates award-winning content across the portfolio of television brands and businesses, including ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Branded Television, FX and FX Studios, Freeform, Nat Geo and Hulu Originals. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, Disney General Entertainment Content develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach with more than 250 programs a year representing over 4,500 hours of programming across our linear networks, and streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu, and Star.
The newly created Culture, Landscape, and Content Performance Analytics team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives as well as Strategy, Content, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The new position of Director of Content Performance Analytics will build and lead a team dedicated to delivering the critical analyses and impactful data insights needed to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney General Entertainment.
- Identify stakeholder needs and design and create bespoke insights deliverables to provide the organization with a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance trends and audience preferences and viewing behaviors
- Serve as a central point of contact for DGE content leaders looking for deeper dives into series and program performance analytics and audience behavior trends related to their shows and brands
- Build strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including DMED, Disney+ and Hulu)
- Conduct exploratory data mining and sophisticated analysis of multiple proprietary and third-party data sets to illuminate audience segment and content viewing trends
- Continuously drive toward data insights improvement and efficiency by partnering, simplifying and automating where possible, refining metrics, and building new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Explore and recommend new sources of external third party data, and analytics and reporting tools
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television and content, and foundational knowledge of the TV and streaming landscape
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing advanced analytics deliverables, tools and strategies
- Ability to build trust and partnerships across various teams and functions with strong influencing and change management skills
- Outstanding communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling.
- Superior strategic problem solving and analytical skills including talent for developing hypotheses, designing analytic plans, analyzing data, drawing key insights and developing clear recommendations
- Strong knowledge of current market practices and trends in data analytics with a strong business acumen
- Experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SQL, SAS, Python, R, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data
- Fluency with data exploration, business modeling, and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Power BI, Snowflake)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Macro creation and modification; Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote
- Experience with Nielsen, and other content and audience measurement services and tools (comScore, Tubular, Omniture)
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior experience in linear TV or multiplatform content analytics (streaming AVOD, SVOD, Set-Top VOD) is a plus
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree is preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.