Director, Organizational Development (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 757704BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 14, 2020
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) seeks a Director, Organizational Development to join Enterprise Organizational Development, which is part of the Organization and Talent Solutions (O&TS) Center of Excellence. This team is a highly visible group within Enterprise HR that plays an integral part in supporting key business initiatives across TWDC. The ideal candidate will be a strategic advisor to HR and business leaders with a bias towards action and impact. The candidate must be comfortable being dropped into ambiguous situations and able to quickly develop a plan to drive change, transformation and measurable results. The role is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the VP, Enterprise Organizational Development.
As a Director, Organizational Development, you will lead multi-faceted strategic projects and programs that drive global business performance across the Enterprise. The Director should be able to lead the function with minimal oversight and lead and oversee the work of supporting OD team members to provide coaching, leadership and development. Recognized as an expert across OD competencies, you will consult, facilitate, and assess the business to improve ways of working. This role will also work across boundaries, functions, and geographies to enhance the effectiveness of the broader organization.
- Identify, prioritize, advance, and lead complex and highly visible enterprise-level priorities across multiple Segments/lines of business through partnerships with senior executives and leaders at all levels
- Design and lead organization design efforts including defining operating models and workflows across multiple stakeholder groups
- Lead change initiatives, including the definition of “true north” and end-to-end change & transformation strategies to enable transition from current to desired state, including the design, development, and delivery of communications and change plans
- Lead role clarity and process improvement initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups, including the alignment between leaders, teams, and individuals and ongoing evaluations to ensure effectiveness
- Drive the use of data, metrics and insights as valuable tools to increase HR’s ability to create impact and support the top priorities of the business
- Lead teams directly and through influence across multiple, complex programs, projects and organizational boundaries
- Effectively prioritizes resources and ensures speed in delivering high-impact work
- Seen as an expert across the following OD competencies; strategy, operating model, change, transformation, process, and role clarity.
- Anticipates business needs and competitive landscape, identifying strategies to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate business risks; creates value through customer insight
- Inclusively partners across functions to identify stakeholder needs and develop solutions; operating respectfully in multicultural environments while fostering the open exchange of ideas between people
- Ability to effectively assess complex situations and bring clarity to ambiguity for leaders and stakeholders
- Influences leaders and partners through compelling communication and practical recommendations for action
- Drives culture of continuous improvement while designing pragmatic solutions to integrate, align, and advance enterprise priorities
- Uses analytics and statistical skills to leverage workforce data to assess performance and improve business results
- Reflects corporate values, demonstrating adaptability and patience in times of conflict
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, executive presence and business acumen
- Raises the bar on performance for themselves and others, inspiring teams exceed expectations
- 10 plus years of experience translating business strategies into practical organization and people initiatives at progressively increasing levels of scope and complexity
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.