Director, Physical ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 787600BR Location Burbank, California, United States; London, England, United Kingdom Business Marvel Studios Date posted Oct. 29, 2021
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position will be a key role in all aspects of Physical Production for Marvel Studios’ streaming content. The position will report to VP, Physical Production, Marvel Studios’ streaming content.
- Assists in all aspects of physical production for streaming content on assigned projects in development, pre-production and production stages.
- Establishes a good working relationship with the Marvel Strudios creative team, streaming show Directors, and Heads of Departments.
- Supervises production office teams in alignment with the Marvel Studios Production Manual and key physical production paper work, including but not limited to; all production paperwork, crew start work, DGA contracts, Exhibit G forms, Call Sheets, and Production Reports.
- Point of contact for TWDS Insurance, Travel, Immigration, Labor, Employee Relations, and Health and Safety teams.
- Assist in the hiring and deal making of key below the line personnel and crew.
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of plans and strategies impacting area of accountability.
- Develops relationships with key vendors and supervises overall vendor deals.
- Builds and enhances high level internal and external relationships.
- Works in conjunction with feature films executives on uniform policies.
- Minimum 6-8 years of Physical Production, either studio or set.
- Understands and can easily adjust style and approach when working across multiple geographies, states, and countries.
- Understands production schedules and budgets. Movie Magic proficiency is preferred.
- BTL agency interactions.
- Experience with Production incentives desired.
- Ability to travel during all stages of production process, including domestic and international travel.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Solid knowledge of the film production process.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through.
- Ability to easily multi-task.
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and handle conflict effectively.
- Experience working with creative executives and talent (writers, directors, producers, actors)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt, talent, crew, and staff.
- BA or MFA in Film or related field.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.