Director, Platform and Media Engineering
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 636681BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 06/03/2019
Reporting to the VP, Infrastructure and Operations, the Director Platform and Media Engineering will lead a group of engineers that operates the ecosystem of Disney’s direct to consumer streaming platform and building and maintaining the platform for business applications for DTCI. The position will lead, teach, mentor internal teams, partner with various technical and business teams. Data driven decision culture, process improvements, automation, KPI’s, maintain the DTCI culture of innovation. This role will be working closely with application, security, and network teams.
- Understand 24/7 technical environment and responsilbities.
- Manage team of engineers with broad skills sets such as Media assets (bit rates, encoders, etc.), Hypervisors (VMware, EC2, serverless compute), Cloud (AWS, Azure), Networking (layer 2/3, Cisco, Arista), Storage (SAN, NAS, Object)
- Ensures the highest level of systems availability is maintained including optimization.
- Develops long and short-range team goals and align with DTCI ME cor values.
- Plan, directs and reviews the daily activities and operations.
- Knowledge of Agile, Kanban, or method of organizing work and execution.
- Cloud related services (ECS, Lambda, Paas, IaaS, Service fabric, etc.)
- Geographically distributed technologies and services.
- Business continuity and Disaster recovery practice.
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate about data, technology, & creative innovation
- Team player – Enjoy working collaboratively with a talented group of people to tackle challenging business problems so we all succeed (or fail fast) as a team
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.