Director, Post Production – Marvel Streaming AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 787602BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Reports directly to VP, Post Production - Streaming. Supports all aspects of animation post production for Marvel Studios. Includes supervision of the post production department staff and the individual projects that fall under the Marvel Studios banner.
- Collaboration with all appropriate Marvel departments in order to maximize productivity, flexibility, and creativity. Includes working closely with the individual Animation Productions & VFX teams, Internal DI, Color Science, and Pipeline departments to create better efficiencies within the Marvel in-house workflow and to ultimately get the best picture on screen. Working with the Music and Sound departments to provide support as necessary and deliver a premium audio experience. Cultivating a rapport with Digital Operations and Marketing to eliminate redundancies and share resources.
- Creation and vetting of post production budgets for all projects. Work closely with Production Finance to ensure the budgets reflect realistic circumstances on a show by show basis. Includes cost forecasting, budgeting, and cost reporting through delivery of picture.
- Creation and vetting of post production schedules for all projects. Building and overseeing schedules that allow for maximum flexibility and adaptation in the face of extremely tight schedules and last minute changes.
- Working with filmmakers and the studio to hire key personnel. Includes maintaining relationships with both talent/crew and appropriate agents/managers.
- Implementing post production considerations as soon as possible in the filmmaking process. Arranging and facilitating any necessary pre-production testing. Involving the department in the pre-production planning of 3rd party vendor processes, editorial structure, color pipelines, and image workflows.
- Attending distribution planning meetings to communicate all schedule contingencies and support down stream processes like localization, dubbing, and subtitling.
- Navigating all censorship protocols.
- Ensure complete, technical first class delivery of all sound and picture elements to Disney distribution for all shows. Work closely with Disney distribution, vendors, and crew to make sure shows are correctly wrapped and archived for posterity. Constantly assess wrap/archive procedures to maximize efficiency in an ever evolving technical landscape.
- Maintaining relationships with and managing both outside vendors (Technicolor, Deluxe, EPS, etc.) and service providers within the Disney family (AVID support, client services, etc.). Develop relationships with potential new vendors so that resources are ready as needs arise.
- Remaining current as it applies to industry technology (e.g. ACES, cameras, software). Attending and reporting on all appropriate conferences, demos, and seminars (NAB, Siggraph, etc.). Exchanging information with Disney resources like Emerging Technologies to discuss how other Disney companies are navigating similar challenges. Constantly identifying places post production can improve and implementing ideas that enhance the company.
- Supervising the inventorying and organizing of all post-production assets (AVIDs, Codex vaults, camera mags, software, etc.). Includes identifying purchase vs. rental scenarios, distribution and subsequent re-collection of resources from individual projects, and managing resources as they approach end of life.
- Working with Production Technology to explore and execute a “live" archive of all previous material within the MCU.
- Consistently updating and providing the post production manual to necessary personnel.
- 7 or more years’ experience working in post production operations for motion pictures and television.
- Extensive experience managing post production processes, including but not limited to: dailies, editorial, color correction, visual effects, compositing, graphics, titling, sound editorial and mixing, localization, digital media, final QC, etc.
- Extensive experience with new and emerging digital production and post production techniques, remote services, evolving theatrical and broadcast mechanisms, streaming platforms, and other distribution outlets.
- Leadership experience working across and collaborating with other departments such as production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology.
- A proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in relation to management of post production process.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.