Director, Production Finance, Revenue and AuditApply NowApply Later Job ID 763581BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 24, 2020
The ABC Studios Finance and Planning team manages the overall planning and strategy for ABC Studios and ABC Studios International. The finance and strategy team provides critical financial support and analytics to the ABC Studios and DATG senior management team as well as key business partners across the Walt Disney Company.
The Production Finance Executive covers multiple diverse financial responsibilities including Revenue, Audit and Records Management for the pilots and series as well as SAP interfacing with our shows. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with providing the financial oversight for the entire lifecycle of the shows in all forms of production.
·Review all Budget and EFC in all formats
·Supervise and support Production Accounting staff
·Update and Maintain ABC Studios data (Consolidated Prod Status & Budget Tracker)
·Assist Finance Executives with production tax and labor incentive programs
·Work with Production Executives to manage and facilitate show needs
·Work with Finance Executives and Legal Department to facilitate ATL payments and deal making
- Manage and review all SAP interfaces, reconciliation process, and corporately paid cost
- Devise and recommend cost cutting measures
- Interview Production Accountants for assigned projects
- Assist Finance Executives in the preparation of various analysis i.e. Shutdown, Back 9 comparisons, EFC variances along with routing of budgets and overage forms
- Review cash flows and cash funding requests.
- Resolve Network and Guild Audit Issues
- Forecast – multiple versions due to covid
- Co-production audits
- Co-production payments
- ND/Overhead reconciliations
- NY audit
- Tax incentive tracking
- ABC Audit Department support
- US/CN annual vendor spend reporting
- Minimum 7 years of experience in production accounting is required
- In depth understanding of television industry accounting and financial practice
- Knowledge and experience with industry union and guild rates/regulations
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Possess effective managerial abilities along with positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to collaborate, manage multiple projects simultaneously and solve complex and timely production issues
- Possess working knowledge of Industry Production Accounting software PSL, Vista etc.
- Demonstrate software knowledge: Excel, Word
- Bachelor’s degree is required
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.