Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Production Finance - Marvel StudiosApply Now Apply Later Job ID 648829BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Apr. 30, 2019
Job Summary:The Director, Production Finance will be responsible for assisting the VP, Production Finance in the day to day operations of the Disney+ streaming production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational episodic/long-form content. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of Episodic and Feature Film production (both foreign and domestic), managing production incentives, and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick and accurate analysis.
- Work with VP, Production Finance to source and hire location production accounting teams for Disney+ projects
- Manages the production funding processes on Episodic/Long-form projects from end to end
- Reconciles all funding and Production Incentives between production and corporate
- Reviews SAP Y-bill activity and liaises with project accountants; submits to productions for inclusion in cost
- Prepare initial budget drafts and cost summaries for Disney+ projects
- Review work in progress / final budgets, and Cost Report EFC’s for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the VP, Production Finance and Production Executives
- Oversees preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
- Manages compliance for:
- Established production finance policy and procedure
- Marvel Studios / Disney corporate policies
- Guild audits
- Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
- Assists VP, Production Finance in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
- Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
- Ensures that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
- Provides support to VP, Production Finance on special projects, as required
- Five plus years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting desired
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL, Vista Classic, Global Vista) and Movie Magic Budgeting
- SAP knowledge/skills a plus
- Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 10 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.