Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Production FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711175BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 04, 2019
Walt Disney Television manages Fox 21 Television Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Studios, Nat Geo, FX, Radio Disney, and Freeform as well as the company's equity interests in Lifetime, A&E and The History Channel.
Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW’s, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney departments on a daily basis.
- Manage a staff of 5 employees and assist in developing their success
- Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
- Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming
- Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow
- Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence
- Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution
- Provide financial support to Production Executives
- Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants
- Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
- Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger
- Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms
- Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration
- Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
- Minimum 7 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business
- Ability to collaborate, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure
- Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL, Movie Magic, GV and Smart Accounting
- Strong written skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.