Director - Production FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715104BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
This position will supervise several Production Accounting teams to create and provide production budgets and cost reports for ABC Studios pilots, series, presentations and a myriad of ongoing and ad hoc analysis as well as the controllership functions.
- Liaise with Production and Finance teams to maintain fiscal efficiencies for our Network and non-Network programs as well as projects in development
- Provide consulting services for finance and field production accountants on a daily basis
- Identify cost/spend trends through historical data, financial analysis and budgets
- Assist in the selection and hiring of Accountants for various pilots and series
- Stay up-to-date and informed on union regulations and area specific labor pools
- Will handle all aspect of film tax incentives
- Understand and be proficient in reconciling all ABCS production accountant’s pattern and amort budgets on a seasonal basis as well as review all pilot budget throughout the year
- Mentor and educate associates and finance executives of various aspects of production finance and estimating/budgeting
- Verify and enforce compliance with all federal, state, union and governmental policies and regulations as well as all production policies
- Thorough knowledge of state and international tax incentive laws and credits to provide Senior management with the latest tax incentive analysis as to the best location to capture the highest return of rebates and tax credits to the company
- Full knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Minimum 5 years production accounting/finance experience with at least 3 years in a Lead Accountant role.
- Understand the nuances between Network 1 Hr. Dramas, Comedies and Multi-Camera pilots and series
- B.A. or Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.