Director, Production FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 873998BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Disney Branded Television / Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW’s, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney Television departments on a daily basis.
- Lead a team of 7-8 production finance team members, including production accountants and other production finance staff
- Partner closely with Production on building budgets, analyzing efficiencies and troubleshooting if necessary throughout the production
- Assist in evaluating vendor studios; including budgets, contracts and payment schedules
- Manage the Production Cashflows and Estimated Final Costs for the Studio; including regular forecasts, Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Plan
- Work closely with the FP&A team on all forecast submissions to provide variance explanations and main drivers
- Assist Studio Leadership prepare presentation decks for greenlight decisions
- Consult with Business Affairs as needed on new deal structures with talent and vendors
- Manage all production finance reporting needs to various stakeholders across TWDC
- Manage financial aspects of the DTVA Development Fund. Partner with Development Executives on forecasting projects and pilots and tracking actual vs. forecasted spend
- Work with 3rd party payroll companies used for payments contracted under various Disney entities and voice talent payments
- Minimum 5 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting experience, with 10 years of experience in total.
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
- Possess a desire to implement a digital workflow
- Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and Movie Magic
- Strong written skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Studios Content.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.