Director, Program Management & Production Applications
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701375BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 13/09/2019
We’re looking for a passionate senior leader to develop and provide project management, analysis, financial support and solutions development across the complete portfolio of Disney Live Action and Marvel Studios Technology initiatives. You’ll ensure that project and operations deliverables are properly prioritized, completed on time and meet quality standards per production groups’ requirements. You’ll oversee teams providing analysis, development and support for motion picture finance systems, physical asset management, and other critical production applications functions. Your team will play a key role as an interface between technology teams and the productions aiding in change management as projects and capabilities are rolled out.
- Define and maintain program management structure and assessing the health of all initiatives and support solutions to a uniform project management methodology
- Source and manage members of cross-functional Show technology support teams providing overall project management
- Analyze, develop and support key solutions for production back office applications functions
- Maintain roadmap with key deliverables and milestone dates, maintain program status, identify and mitigate risks across production architecture, engineering operations, lab, pipeline and color initiatives, and production back office solutions and provide updates to stakeholders
- Act as a primary conduit between production execs and company stakeholders to ensure their technology initiatives are appropriately prioritized and aligned with strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain analytics and dashboarding including status and insights
- Liaise between departments within the Technology Team (e.g., Technical Operations, Production Technology, Technical Services and Support) to prioritize program initiatives and escalate critical operational tasks
- Lead large scale and/or Studios-wide technology initiatives to streamline processes and provide scalability to the business
- Oversee the finances of the Technology Team by forecasting requirements; collecting and combining cross team projections; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Coordinate enterprise needs and impacts to the organization including Management Audit, Enterprise Technology, Global Security, etc.
- 5+ years as a senior leader in program management, project management and/or product management with a proven track record of managing the delivery of complex technology projects.
- Previous experience defining program management structures and evaluating competing priorities
- Previous experience leading technology focused operational or engineering teams and implementing process improvements
- Previous experience in business analysis and development of in-house and PaaS solutions
- Strong technical and detail-oriented leader who can successfully collaborate with/across teams to bring designs and projects to fruition
- Exemplify quality, inclusive leadership skills that promote collaboration and provides a “fail safe” environment for the team
- Situational and strategic awareness of the environment for quick and decisive identification of issues and bringing about resolution
- Understanding of software programming/development
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies supporting project delivery and operations including Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Previous experience working in a Feature Production environment
- Identify and manage key dependencies between tasks/teams to ensure successful project delivery
- Strong project and change management skills
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer literacy and experience with office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, MS Project, Smartsheets, Agile Tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development
- PMP certification preferred
- CSM certification preferred
Additional Information:This position reports to the Head of Technology, Marvel Studios in Burbank, CA.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.