Director, Program Management (LPMO)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10056887 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 02, 2023
Director, Program Management (LPMO)
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) has a diverse portfolio of companies in a global enterprise that stretches from movies, television, news, sports, games, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line and a variety of other businesses.
Disney’s Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Entertainment segment oversees all aspects of Disney’s Film and TV Streaming on Hulu and Disney+. It is responsible for operating and executing The Walt Disney Company’s DTC businesses globally, with a focus on Disney+.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Business Program Management team, and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of operating standards and processes that will connect cross-functional workstreams, across multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. This position is the focal point for establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving scalable, global program and project management processes, tools, and techniques. Rooted in our mission to provide “just enough” process rigor while ensuring visibility to program progress and risks, the successful candidate will expertly strike a balance between holding back to allow teams to perform and diving in where necessary to drive results.
The role will work across the Disney Entertainment group, partnering closely with Technology and other business functions; our international business teams; and the Content and Marketing teams, working in conjunction with peers, executives, and other PMOs. You will lead launch process activities globally by managing a team of project managers to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify business operations process requirements, establish operational best practices and standards, and design and implement efficient, scalable, cost effective business processes. You will execute through expert knowledge of business process operations generally, deep knowledge & experience with direct-to-consumer service launches, DTC business strategy, marketing operations, 3rd party partnerships and outstanding internal relationships.
You are a strong leader and seasoned program management expert. You will be highly collaborative, engaging key stakeholders, and working to constantly review and iterate on the supporting business processes as we scale the business through launch, growth & mature phases. As a leader, you will grow your team with an eye toward continuous improvement, excellent customer service and stakeholder management, and impeccable executive communication both internally and externally.
- Lead the development of scalable, efficient, and effective methodologies for tracking multiple workstreams.
- Oversee the development of the Disney+ launch plans globally. Technology, product, marketing, and distribution partnerships workstreams must be aggregated into a coherent overall launch plan that clearly articulates the interdependencies across workstreams.
- Lead a team of 6-10 program managers in the creation and execution of global launch plans.
- Serve as the focal point for the PMO in development of scalable program management processes and tools and refine existing business processes that support scalable launch and sustainment.
- Define and implement a business representative framework to manage Disney+’s stake in cross-functional initiatives that will illustrate progress toward DTC business goals (Revenue goals / Launch)
- Support decision-making and issue resolution by quickly performing research activities and developing visual models to clearly articulate the possible impact of decisions.
- Build uniform, shared understandings of complex problems across the DTC Business and wider Disney Entertainment segment through visual modeling.
- Ensure the team captures and contributes operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drives resolution or escalations as required.
- Lead the delivery of effective, timely and regular executive reporting
- Implement tools & workflow protocols for collaboration between individual workstreams and groups across Disney supporting Disney+ and the DTC Business Unit
- Provide continuous, real-time feedback to direct reports toward improvement of deliverables and communications.
- 10+ years of business analysis, program & project management in a large corporate environment
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Global / International experience required
- Direct-to-consumer and streaming service experience required
- Experience in a senior management-facing role required
- Experience leading technology and marketing teams
- Proven track record managing execution of external partnerships required
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
- Strong ability to articulate complex processes using standard presentation tools and visual modeling techniques.
- Tools expert including Atlassian Suite and desktop tools: Keynote, Powerpoint, and Google Slides.
- Recognized as having a high potential for growth and leadership
- Experienced in leading business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Leverages expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitates development of complex solutions
- Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of program management processes and methodologies
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
The hiring range for this position in California is $198,832.00 to $266,860.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.