Director, Program Management
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 845794BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
Job Summary:The candidate will direct program and project management needs for the Consumer Experiences & Platforms team. Consumer Experiences & Platforms team comprises of product and engineering teams to develop, create, enhance, and grow a DMED Technology digital product portfolio that reaches more than 380 million consumers worldwide each month. Project and Program managers supporting Consumer Experiences & Platforms organization projects will report to this position. The candidate should ensure each program and initiative within Consumer Experiences & Platforms team is well planned, managed, and tracked. The candidate will ensure all program updates are shared promptly to stakeholders, anticipating potential risks and issues to proactively mitigate and/or propose alternative paths forward. The candidate works with the Consumer Experiences & Platforms leadership team to prepare the annual capital budget and plan, provides comprehensive analysis and reporting on all capital projects, reports financial information to the leadership team regularly, and will escalate any deviations.
- Provide program and project management services for DMED Technology Organization and ensure project management leaders are effectively leading projects to achieve the desired outcome
- Collaborate with Program Management Office and Portfolio Management team to influence the implementation of best practice methods, processes, and tools
- Oversee the creation of quality project information, including project budgets, actuals, forecasts, status reporting, and issue/risk reporting
- Recommend improvements and/or process changes and rolling out agreed changes and ensuring overall compliance.
- Ensure the project management team uses best practices and lessons learnt from previous projects/programs.
- Work with technical leads and other cross-functional teams to prioritize projects/programs and escalate risks and constraints to the technology leadership team promptly.
- Oversee the health of the projects and programs; ensure transparency of project progress and issues/risks.
- Provide guidance to project/program management leaders to improve project execution and remove barriers to successful implementation
- Develop effective working relationships with vendors, partners and clients to create an effective and efficient delivery process to achieve project results
- Work with the Consumer Experiences & Platforms leadership team to accurately forecast resource needs and adequately accounting for expenses to meet requirements and fulfill fiscal responsibility
- Manage a performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct reports, providing regular feedback, and developing employees for broader roles and responsibilities to foster professional growth and personal development
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience managing formal projects and/or functional organizations.
- 5+ years Program & Project management experience with very strong facilitation, communication planning and problem-solving skills.
- 8+ years total of formal management experience at the Manager level or above.
- SAFe Certification or a demonstrated understanding of operating large scale agile programs
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.