Director, Sales & Digital MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 896724BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Dec. 06, 2021
Remit covers brand verticals including Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Hollywood Records, National Geographic, Fox, FX, Disney Music Publishing, Disney Concerts and more.
Reports to VP, Sales & Digital.
- Lead teams across social media and streaming video efforts:
- Pitch and market all new music videos for placements across YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, etc.
- Lead efforts for 30-40 artists and brand social media handles per platform across at least 10 platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, VEVO, Snapchat, Triller, Giphy, Pinterest)
- Approach all efforts from a global perspective
- Act as key point of contact for all social media and emerging technology partnerships.
- Manage key accounts valued at $40m in global business:
- Manage two top 5 accounts, as well as User Generated Content efforts for Disney Music catalogue of recorded music and compositions
- Drive creative digital marketing initiatives across all projects and releases in conjunction with DMG marketing team:
- Work with artist managers, cross-lines of business teams for efforts around all projects
- Develop marketing plans and initiatives with 3rd party agencies
- Manage influencer campaigns
- Develop full digital marketing plans for all key projects across the Disney Music Group
- Lead development, creation, delivery, and , marketing of DMG podcasts:
- Partner with Megaphone team for podcast distribution, marketing, and delivery
- Oversee the development of Disney Music podcast productions
- Manage and educate broader team on best practices regarding allowlisting, anti-piracy, content protection :
- Lead regular sessions to update the broader company about policy and procedure
- Liaise with TWDC anti-piracy team for management of assets
- Liaise with UMG distribution for content claiming and monetization, as well as protection
- Lead DMG efforts for emerging technologies, including, but bot limited to: AR/VR, Filters, NFTs, Livestreams, and, more:
- Participate in TWDC NFT committee
- Liaise with Studio Lab and TIG for developing technology opportunities
- Source new opportunities to keep DMG at the forefront of these critical spaces
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in the entertainment industry, preferably music
- Previous leadership experience
- Creative mind with logistical follow through
- Strong passion for music and technology
- An openness to a quickly and perpetually changing landscape
- Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong follow up skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity
- Strength in multitasking is a must, with ability to work manage a high-pressure environment
- Insatiable curiosity regarding the music, entertainment, and technology industries
- Extremely positive attitude can do spirit and ability to thrive at being a team player
- Experience with data and analytics
- YouTube Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.