Director, Segment Content Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 771843BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2021
Responsibilities:The Segment Content Planning & Analysis team drives analysis around the distribution of each of our content assets across Network, Content and Theatrical Sales, as well as DTC platforms in partnership with DTC CP&A. This team will inform the deployment strategy for content across TV/Networks distribution platforms, optimizing the commercialization strategy of films and series across TWDC content brands. This role closely partners with stakeholders in General Entertainment content creation and platform distribution to provide support (including but not limited to) on deal analyses, availability decisions, forecasting, content specific deep dives and data analytics as it relates to TV and DTC episodic content.
The role requires the ability to multi-task across numerous ad hoc projects, including, but not limited to the following:
- Strong command of the economics of episodic content monetized through license agreements, ad sales models, and DTC platforms
- Leverage market and behavior data, audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies
- Lead team members in establishing a master program inventory and schedule based on content availability, brand qualities and research/ratings data evaluation
- Identify programming gaps and audience segment opportunities across all platforms
- Work closely with internal team members in creative, finance and business affairs to set Disney’s content strategy, financial plan, and programming calendar
- Communicate and coordinate the legal and financial approval and administrative processes for all catalogue rights, participation and residuals
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing consumer environment
- Minimum 10 years of CP&A experience required, preferably with a media/entertainment, technology, or start up environment preferred
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Experience leading project teams
- Strong analytical skills – able to quickly understand complex business problems with high level of ambiguity and provide potential solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a senior executive leadership audience
- Ability to influence others by telling a story with data to make business improvements
- Proactive, highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
- Demonstrated management skills to foster growth of team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.