Director Sensitive Information Protection - DPEP
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 716238BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Sensitive Information Protection (SIP) group is responsible for establishing, planning and driving the execution of all functions within the team’s primary areas of responsibility, including:
- Content Security—a critical component of TWDC initiatives to protect Disney’s Intellectual Property throughout its lifecycle, from inception to final product
- The implementation of Content Security & Sensitive Information Protection, to address the needs of the company’s segments and businesses, in line with companywide initiatives
- Ensure risks to sensitive information and content are quantified in each segment, visible to appropriate stakeholders and appropriate measures put in place to address risk in accordance with the central Sensitive Information framework
- Strategic leadership of Sensitive Information Protection team and program for the DPEP segment
- Partnership and alignment with enterprise security organizations and their respective requirements
- Provision of clear, concise metrics, analytics and reporting of segment risk posture to senior executive staff
- Act as a senior advisor to DPEP executives relating to sensitive information protection
- Lead team in identifying, communicating, and project managing the remediation of sensitive information vulnerabilities
- Identify and evaluate Sensitive Information Protection (SIP) security risks related to strategic and high-risk vendors and communicate vendor security risks to business leaders to ensure a clear understanding of these risks
- Establish strategic relationships with program stakeholders and key operational contacts
- Establish, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Contribute to the DPEP SIP Council sessions and DPEP Guardians community activities, in tandem with the broader DPEP SIP group
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders and external customers to resolve complex issues around sensitive information protection
- Establish strategic relationships with key internal teams such as technology and operations, vendors, and industry consortiums
- Manage and ensure the quality of services provided by the DPEP SIP team, including but not limited to IP Workflow Assessments, Policy Management, and Training & Awareness programs
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to clients and stakeholders such as Information Security and Legal on Sensitive Information related initiatives, including the remediation of leak incidents
- Maintain a centralized program management system for tracking projects and operational initiatives and identify key deliverables and milestone dates
- Participate in the strategic planning of Sensitive Information Protection services and identify opportunities to better service the requirements of segment stakeholders
- Ensure that all DPEP SIP projects are managed and delivered within a predetermined and agreed timeline, scope and budget
- Ensure SIP Policy Management, IP Workflow Assessments and Training/Awareness related programs support the needs of the business units and efficiently support and align to internal TWDC SIP operations
- Collaborate with Corporate and DPEP Legal as well as Finance partners to generate required SOWs & Purchase Orders, enable accurate financial reporting and ensure that budget related anomalies are detected and reported appropriately
- 10+ years of experience in information management, information security, content protection
- 10+ years of experience successfully managing complex projects from inception through completion, leveraging a variety of project management skills and methodologies, ensuring transforming requirements into a final deliverable
- 10+ years of experience successfully aggregating complex, diverse and sometimes contradictory elements into a comprehensive strategy
- Expertise in strategy development and presentation to management Expertise in strategy development and presentation to management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the organization (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and project management skills with track record of delivering projects in scope, on time, and on budget
- Pro-active attitude to anticipate business needs
- Excellent orientation to both the details and the bigger picture
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to schedule work effectively, autonomously, under time constraints, handling multiple tasks
- Experience evaluating physical security protocols at facilities
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-evolving, highly distributed matrixed, international environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems, including CAD, transfer tools.
- Knowledge of theme park and/or consumer products industries, services and workflows
- Media & Entertainment, Information Protection, themed entertainment industry experience a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Bachelor degree in information systems, business administration, or other relevant area of study
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.