Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, VFXApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579022BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Oct. 02, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director , Visual Effect to join the team in Burbank,CA !
- Responsible for the delivery, budget and execution of vfx for the 6 theatrical trailers a year, and 50+ tv spots. Annual budget of >$6mil.
- Facilitate creative solutions between the creative marketing teams, VFX/Stereo productions, and technical operations to facilitate the delivery of marketing pieces
- Manage the marketing editors.
- Negotiate, track and report financials for all marketing material:
- Print Marketing
- Creative Content / Creative Toolkit
- Entertainment Partnership /Promotions
- International Trailers
- Broadcast Spots
- Franchise Team
- Formulate best practices policies and promote their implementation with the VFX and Stereo teams.
- Facilitate Stereo kickoffs with the VFX teams.
- Facilitate the hiring and training of new staff.
- Oversee screening room, playback, and technical set-up.
- Coordinate with the IT, physical asset, and digital asset teams to facilitate show set-ups.
PARTNERS / VENDORS:
- Manage relationships with new and existing VFX/Stereo vendors.
- Work with internal and external partners such as Previs, Editorial, Stereo, Marketing, and Visual Development to ensure successful completion of VFX/Stereo projects.
ASSET MANAGEMENT / ARCHIVE SUPPORT:
- Coordinate with digital asset management to answer questions and offer support for archived projects.
- Obtain source material from archived projects.
- Schedule speakers, book locations, and manage crew invitations for post-production compliance training sessions.
- Work with the post-production department heads and HR to insure that all freelance crew members are complaint.
- Archive all documentation per Marvel’s requirements.
- Facilitate production of special projects:
- VR Production
- Direct to Consumer Content
- Marvel Logo Updates
- Main on Ends
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, Pay Services, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios, Pay Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.