Disney Music Group Contract Administration ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009150 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Part of the Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment, Disney Music Group (DMG) is the music hub for TWDC, encompassing all aspects of music commercialization and marketing: recorded music (Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records), Disney Music Publishing, and Disney Concerts. DMG distributes music both physically and digitally, and also licenses music throughout the world in various forms of media including television, print, gaming, and consumer products.
The Contract Administration Manager responsibilities include:
- Oversee and maintain Disney Music Group policies and procedures for contract administration and provide timely communication to staff and management to ensure ongoing contractual compliance, coordinates across the larger Disney enterprise to determine common and best practices for contract management.
- Manage and maintain contractual data relating to agreements with recording artists, producers, songwriters, third-party record labels and music publishers, distributors, licensees, sub-publishers, vendors, distribution outlets and business development partners in various databases.
- Establish contacts, practices, polices and systems to insure that DMG receives relevant contracts or access to relevant contracts from internal and external partners.
- Develop and maintain centralized contract tracking system and ensure timely follow-up/coordination with various departments on contract provisions and deadlines.
- Basic rights research and reporting, including advising on current and catalog releases both domestically and internationally.
- Point person for Records and File Management initiatives.
- Assist with general legal and corporate enquiries such as trademark maintenance, corporate governance, etc.
- Correctly enter rights information into proprietary database to ensure release dates are met. Communicate information internally and externally to ensure releases are set up correctly from a rights perspective.
- Coordination with internal and external partners to ensure seamless communication of legal rights to internal and external systems and partners
- Research, analysis and clarification of exploitation rights to resolve questions and conflicting information.
- Review, analyze, synthesize and understand contracts and other legal and business documents to field enquiries from DMG and other Disney business units as well as external partners.
- 4+ years of contract administration experience, preferably within the music industry
- Discretion and insight on when to seek additional guidance and escalate matters, as well as ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong client service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Diligent, thorough, organized, analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of the music industry with particular emphasis on the recorded business and music publishing
- Excellent research and contract analysis skills as well as an understanding of legal concepts and issues related to the music and entertainment industries
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Experience working with a high volume of contracts and data
- Ability to be a self-starter, adapt quickly, learn new tasks independently and work proactively with an eye towards project timelines
- Willingness to work within a dynamic and complex organization
- Familiarity and comfort working with databases and large shared documents
- Understanding or willingness to learn about digital and other distribution mechanisms
- Database management skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Additional language skills
- Notary Public
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.