Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney TV Animation Creative/Production Intern (Remote), Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 781691BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
A day in the life…
The team’s intern will learn the inner workings of the creative and production side of the organization. Interns will gain insight into the world of storytelling through exposure to a writer’s room, storyboard pitches, casting (recording/ADR session), script breakdown, tracking artwork, and to the post production process including calling retakes and attending mix/playback to delivery.
Interns will be assigned to a show(s) on an animated TV series and gain insight into production and artistic staff responsibilities.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with production/creative teams and technical staff on various, ongoing projects.
- Shadow and learn the responsibilities of an Artist within a studio environment.
- Gain insight into the world of storytelling.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- *Must include a link to your portfolio/website on your resume when applying.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Prior (external to school) internship within media/entertainment.
- Strong interest and passion for animation.
- Strong interest in television and the entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of Disney Television Animation content.
- Major in Animation, Illustration, Sequential Arts, Entertainment Design or a related discipline.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate.
- Proven experience with Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Storyboard Pro, Illustrator, and Maya a plus.
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from June – August
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.