Already applied?View Dashboard
Dispatcher (Security)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701625BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you have been looking for.
The Global Security Communications Center (GSCC) Communicator position supports emergency and non-emergency security events. The Communicator will be tasked with the following: record and report security and facilities incidents, provide customer service via multiple communication channels, monitor company equipment for functionality and security events, provide enterprise wide notifications and messaging and escalate or deescalate security events. GSCC Communicators share responsibility for communicating and executing strategies related to the safety, security, and protection of all Disney Cast Members; as well as business operations, assets and brands. In an emergency or disaster situation, the GSCC coordinates and directs Disney enterprise assistance and provides ongoing support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services, the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of information, as well as serving as the central communications point for the enterprise in implementing risk management strategies related to the safety, security, and protection of assets.
The Global Security Communications Center of The Walt Disney Company is a dynamic environment that can present many challenges. Our ideal candidate must be able to exercise critical thinking, problem solving skills and sound judgment when facilitating communications and provide solutions to incidents that impact Disney personnel and their business partners; communicate accurately and efficiently in a timely fashion with all stakeholders. The selected candidate will have an understanding that in a time of crisis or uncertainty, employees and company leadership will look for the communicator to provide calmness and control. As a communicator, you will be made aware of many potential hazards and solve a variety of challenges. You will need to have the ability to calmly relay information in a crisis to ensure effective communication and coordinate the right resources are in place to mitigate the impact to the Company.
This is a Union position covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement. The position is for a Part-Time Employee. The candidate must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ensure all functions of the Global Security Communications Center (GSCC) are carried out in an efficient and effective manner whilst providing maximum security support
- Provide aid and support to employees and guests through a triage of local and global security issues
- Monitor access control systems enterprise wide
- Facilitate two-way radio communication and disseminate information via various communication platforms (e.g., Radio, Telephone, E-mail, Web)
- Answer phone calls, concerning general company information regarding employees and guests
- Monitor emergency alarm systems nationwide and deploy resources as needed
- Respond to various priority calls to timely and accurately identify emergency situations while following proper emergency communication procedures
- Format visitor requests for entry into the visitor management system
- Maintain proficiency of GSCC systems for incident management, emergency notification, visitor management, camera management, and access control systems throughout the enterprise
- Ability to problem solve and coordinate communications to assist employees/Cast Members
- Experience working with or in a Communications or Operations Center related operation desired
- Ability to receive and relay direction, and have ability to multi-task and coordinate several incidents at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong guest service/interpersonal skills especially during times of crisis
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel including key company executives and law enforcement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to transition between calm and extremely active work conditions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and assignments
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite and demonstrated typing proficiency
- Work weekends and holidays as well as varying shifts/hours
- Must be able to obtain or possess a valid California BSIS issued Guard Card License
- Must be able to obtain or possess First Aid, CPR and AED certifications
- Must possess valid California Driver’s License
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Completed course work and certifications in a job-related area preferred
- College education preferred
- Previous law enforcement, security, fire and medical experience
- Experience with incident management software programs and computer aided dispatching
- Have knowledge of local, state and federal security and emergency management systems preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.