Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Distribution Finance Intern – Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627078BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
An exciting opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Distribution Finance Intern within the Global Content Distribution arm. An ideal candidate should be highly analytical and a strong, effective communicator. Candidate should demonstrate aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving, including the use of Excel, to conduct financial modeling and analysis.
- Analyze industry distribution tactics and trends to develop insightful presentations
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, and weekly reports
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and operations to influence cross-functional business decisions
- Present work to team members and executives on a frequent basis
Basic Qualifications:What We Are Looking For…
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to ask thoughtful questions
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- 1-2 years of finance or relevant internship experience
- Passion for and basic understanding of the Film/TV business
- Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelors undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May 2019 to August 2019.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.