Distribution Operations Associate-MasteringApply NowApply Later Job ID 953562BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Mastering Distribution Ops Associate must be technically knowledgeable and effective in gathering and understanding of business requirements, technical specifications, schedules and workflows. The Mastering Distribution Ops Associate coordinates with the post production teams and third-party vendors to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient delivery; and “owns” the customer relationship between internal clients/stakeholders. In addition, the Mastering Distribution Ops Associate is a hospitality specialist who delivers excellent customer service by interacting comfortably with creative and executive team members. He/she must possess flexibility and creativity and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility, including handling routine matters in Manager’s absence as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc.
- Scheduling, status updates, reports, managing metrics, resolving issues, system status updates, billing, facilitate meetings and manage tracking and communication of assigned show schedule(s) and mastering progress across stakeholder groups.
- Assist in assigning day-to-day priorities of third-party vendors and assist them to ensure they are set up for success while performing their work.
- Client Services and partner management: The building and fostering of relationships with our customers and partners – being a friendly and helpful person who is happy to serve our clients and facilitate smooth deliveries with our partners.
- Support management, partners and customers in understanding their Mastering Schedule needs and liaises with other departments and partners (i.e. Localization, Servicing, Global Content Ops, Studios, Total Quality Management, etc.) to ensure proper coordination and communication across teams.
- Maintain daily communication regarding the status of the work. Due to the nature of production and postproduction, there is the need to proactively communicate how changing schedules impact work and timelines. Data entry must be entered in a timely manner.
- Process Improvement & Innovation: Identify opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems and understand new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry.
- Work Order Creation: The APM creates work orders and is responsible for accurate billing of services offered. He/she works together with clients to ensure that the proper time and facility rates are billed.
- This position interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities. Must be able to distill information accurately and convey it (verbally and/or written) to business partners and stakeholders. This role serves as key contact with project team members to help resolve project resource conflicts. Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders.
- The role will perform extensive vendor & asset management and conduct research across all inventories, systems, and tools used for mastering operations.
- Must be capable of solving a range of straightforward problems and analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures, while receiving a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Must have an understanding of technical elements, creation, repairs, localization, updating & tracking of work orders & purchase orders, coordination of distribution logistics, use of technical materials library, and knowledge of the range of formats used within the organization.
- Must understand specific business processes and how those processes support the delivery of goods and services for mastering operations and business segment; Prior experience in a planning or scheduling function in either or all of a creative environment, manufacturing environment, or product development environment.
- Guarantee timely, high-quality execution across the supply chain and assists in creating detailed project plans to ensure deadlines are met and handoffs are successful. Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, and post-mortems.
- Must effectively solve problems and roadblocks as they occur while escalating when necessary.
- Understanding of the motion picture post production process and technical delivery requirements.
- Understanding of Mastering, asset prep, prequal, and QC.
- The ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry’s changing requirements.
- Proficient in Google suite, Microsoft Office suite, Smart Sheet
- General knowledge of industry leading non-linear editing systems (Avid, Premiere) and Mastering tools (DVS Clipster, Colofront Transkoder, Resolve) preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of progressively complex related experience in the digital distribution space.
- High School Diploma or Relevant Experience
- College Degree Preferred (field of study Media, Cinema, Post Production, etc. preferred)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.